James A. Atkins
Jim’s practice focuses on litigation, principally construction defects. Over the course of 38 years of practice Jim has tried to verdict numerous lawsuits including various personal injury actions arising from products liability, premises liability, vehicular liability, as well as insurance coverage and bad faith, business and contract disputes. Over the last 20 years he has focused his practice on disputes arising out of construction defects. Jim represents clients in both State and Federal Courts, at the trial and appellate level.
Jim has also participated in numerous mediations and arbitrations and has been certified as a South Carolina Circuit Court Mediator since 1998.
Jim attended the University of South Carolina where he received his undergraduate and graduate degrees. He received his law degree from the Campbell University School of Law.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- South Carolina, 1984
- North Carolina, 1997
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina, 1986
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals Fourth Circuit, 1986
Honors & Awards
- Charleston County, SC Bar Association
- Berkeley County, SC Bar Association