Tim is a litigation attorney and handles a wide variety of matters including personal injury, insurance, and governmental litigation. He has handled cases involving serious injuries and deaths related to motor vehicle accidents, boating accidents, premises liability, and liquor liability. Tim has handled cases involving defamation and false arrest, abuse of process, and other reputational damage cases. He has handled numerous insurance coverage cases. He has 30 years of experience handling jury trials, non-jury trials, discovery, depositions, hearings, and appellate matters.
Tim attended the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia, graduating in 1989 with a major in government. As a law student at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, South Carolina, Tim was on the South Carolina Law Review. In 1992, he received a Juris Doctor, cum laude.
Tim is married and has three daughters who are now all out of college and on their own. When he is not working, he sometimes goes to a few acres in the country where he grows more weeds than vegetables.
- South Carolina, 1992
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- District of South Carolina
Honors & Awards
- South Carolina Law Review
- Martindale-Hubbell, Distinguished Rating
- Charleston County Bar Association
- Berkeley County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Order of the Coif
- Order of the Wig and Robe
Published Articles, CLEs, and Seminars
- Insurance Law Survey, "Signed Loan Receipt Does Not Bar a First-Party Claim," 43 S.C. Law Review 111, 1991
- Survey, "Liability Limits of Tort Claims Act Upheld," 43 S.C. Law Review 191 (1991).